How do I block someone on Y/A. Same person posts the same question on here almost weekly for the last 10 years.?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Let me guess: It's the "autistic" guy who thinks he should be allowed to act like a weirdo?

• Beverly S
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

No it's the guy who is 21 years old (for the last 10 years) & goes to an employment recruiter & gets laughed at & told how to dress & not to wear after shave etc.  Drives me INSANE!!  In the career section.  Haven't seen the weirdo guy!  

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Once upon a time we could report repeat-offenders to y_answrs_team@yahoo.com , and they would suspend their account...

• 4 weeks ago

You blocking them,  doesn't stop  them from posting whatever they want, regardless. 

You click on their homepage, and hit the block option. 

• Weasel McWeasel
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Not  really true......Question  moving was removed DIRECTLY because of a suggestion board suggestion that gained traction, and those that participated on it,   (like me)  got emails , from Yahoo, saying the "suggestion"  was approved and going to be acted on. The ability vanished the next day. 

• 4 weeks ago

If that is the case then why didnt you have them deleted and banned years ago. You do realize that in extreme cases Yahoo Answers can block a person's IP address. 

Y!A has a suggestion board. Post links of the question being spammed. Post the activity page of the person's account [s]. 

And when you report the spam questions, include links to the spammers other accounts in the reason box. 

Source(s): nothing
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

you can block them by going to their profile. even if you block them they can go on someone's answer at the comment and still answer and get rude with you. they should not be allowed to answer even in someone's comment section of their answer. 

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Blocking means they can't use that account to respond to questions you post or comment on answers you post. There is no feature to 'block' you from seeing posts by other users.

Mouse over their avatar or click on their avatar or username, and select the "Block" option. If they usually post using the Anonymous feature, you can't block them unless 1) you see who they are before they change their post to Anonymous, or 2) if they answer a question you post and you get notification (it will show you the actual username of the respondents, even those who posted using Anon).

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Go to there Profile then Click on the Block Button unless your looking for a way to Block there Questions from being Seen if your looking for that you wont be able to Block the Question out

• 1 month ago

Blocking does not work that way. Blocking only prevents a user from answering your question, not posting their own questions for you to see. And if they have ten accounts, you must block all ten of the clone accounts.

• Sharon
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can't. There is no invisibility feature on Yahoo Answers. There is no way to stop seeing anyone you don't want to see.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

sadly blocking them won't do a thing but if enough people report them they will go away

• 1 month ago

I don't think you can block them where you can't see their questions anymore. If they are not set as anonymous then you can go to their profile and block them from being able to answer your questions. You could also report their question if it is the same question everyday. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.