Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

HEY YOU ATHEISTS, what would you say if Christian say how do you know if you are GOOD person?

and you say if you judge yourself to be good person by your own standers but murder can say samething about him or her self

Attachment image

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Who say i was??????

• 4 weeks ago

Does it not mention in Mathew that good christians ought not to Troll? :)

• 4 weeks ago

Are you in jail? Are police involved in your life? Are you saddled with court hearings, bench warrants or a parole officer?

No?

Then you are already a good person and nobody should ask anything more from you.

• 4 weeks ago

Why post a pic of that felon?  Kent Hovind did time for cheating on his taxes.  He's a fraud that got a "degree" from an unaccredited diploma mill.  He lies about having taught high school science.  He's appallingly ignorant on Creationism.  Aron Ra mopped the floor with him in the video discussion on Youtube.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jea
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Society is the judge of that.

I am a good person, nobody who knows me would say otherwise.

And I have never been in jail.

You?

• Jea
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

At least I need not lie, or belittle people.  When you can do something honest, and backed by at least a fact, go away.  I detest liars.  You made the list more times than once Justin.  There is no objective morality, society decides that.  Nobody else could.

• 4 weeks ago

Morality is what the society collectively decides it should be.

I'm judged by my relatives, family, friends, work relations... the police of my country if necessary and the laws enacted by lawmakers chosen by the voters of my nation.

I confess that sometimes I have missed checking the speedometer... and have been fined for that.

Besides that, I'm generally considered quite a good.person

And for your information, I don't care about your rules decided by some Bronze Age goat keepers for their own tribe in a remote continent 2500 years ago. Even if they claimed it was "word of god"

- I don't stone the adulterer,

- I don't treat my slaves neither well nor bad, because I don't own any human.

- I eat whatever tastes good enough and do not threaten any endangered species.

- I don't burn witches on the stake 

- I go cycling on Sunday mornings

• 4 weeks ago

Standard theist argument from 'absolute morality'.

Based on a bible that condones slavery, subjugation of women, stoning 'witches' to death, and claims that you can have your 'sins' forgiven through substitutionary atonement.

• 4 weeks ago

I don't do things like try to drown the world or not forgive people until my own son is tortured to death.

• 4 weeks ago

The problem is, they can't. They haven't proven any of their crock.

• Jea
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

It is you that has a "crock" to prove.  You try, but can never refute the facts, facts are not a crock.  Religious gibberish does qualify though.

• David
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yeah but unlike the murderer, I have never killed anyone.

• David
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

I frankly don't really care about the crazy beliefs of the religious community.

• 4 weeks ago

You're a good person in the eyes of those who view you as good and a horrible person in the eyes of those who view you as horrible. That's just how judgments work.

Source(s): I don't need to come up with an objective standard for good. I don't think such a thing can exist. But I still want to treat people right.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.