Is it ok to drive Like this during the day?

I hit a deer last night (thursday night) and my headlight is obliterated. The blinker did work at first, but it's rained, and now the bulb is fried. I have the headlight unit ordered and coming in on tuesday and it will be replaced tuesday. I have to get to work, and dont work any evening shifts so i will be out in daylight where lights arent generally needed. If i get pulled over for it and explain the part is ordered, and that its a recent issue, will i be fined or should i be okay?

• George

You hit and probably killed a deer and all you're worried about is your stupid car. Grow up baby!

• don r

In California, by law, all cars must have at least 2 working headlights on the front. If a cop decides to write you up, just shightting on you for being unlucky, that's just a fixit ticket which can be written off after paying the $15 ticket fee and having the repair completed and inspected by a peace officer.

If you don't need to have lights on during the day where you live you won't get pulled over just for damage on your car.  If you do need to have lights, you'll get a ticket.  "The parts are coming" won't likely cut it with the officer (maybe you will get lucky)

You don't need headlights during daylight hours in many places.

Bring paperwork showing the parts are ordered.

But as far as driving an injured car (in general), it may be unlawful.  To avoid all risk with the law, one could not drive the car.  Strange concept, yes?

While driving up to NH this weekend I came around a blind corner at night around 50mph to find a dead deer laying in my lane I tried to swerve to avoid it... ... Jump to Latest Follow ... and everything looked okay except my driver side headlight was out. So when I got home I replaced the bulb and its still out.

• M.
      1 month agoReport

This isn't an answer to the question.
      What is it?

• Scott

You can still get a ticket for it. It's at the officer's discretion usually.

• CB

Have your receipt or work order for the parts with you in the car so that you can PROVE you are on top of the situation. It would be a really bad day for the police officer if they gave you a ticket, I would think a warning, or fix it violation would be the worst case scenario and even then, very unlikely to get pulled over for a non functioning blinker -hell most people don't use them anymore, interrupts the texting.

• don r
      1 month agoReport

My wife asked a cop why they never used their blinkers and he replied, there was too much equipment in the car to mind- radio, computer, etc. Not good enough for me either.