Is there any other way a veteran of a foreign war can better get there foot in the door @ jobs like Honeywell or Raytheon?

Update:

Other than simply applying?  This day an age it seems like there is nobody to talk to in HR or HR never calls back? A lot of these places say they give veteran's preference, and veterans are a minority so is the veteran's preference all a hoax?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Its called going to school and get a better education and a actual college degree in something that is useful. Most people forget a vet point is about 2 or three points when a collage degree points are usually 6 to 10 points depending on the type and what it is in. Most places do not need someone with a environmental studies degree.

• 4 weeks ago

qualifications rule first,candidates of roughly equal background in knowledge experience,the vet goes to the top of the stack,

seek a gig where you can get in do the gig,,maybe move up after proving yourself

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

you being a veteran, no matter which 'type' is irrelevant.

all it does is give you a very tiny edge over someone else with the exact same skillset and experience competing for the same job.  so unless you already HAVE the skills and experience, its inconsequential.

most hiring is now done online through headhunter websites like linked in.

• So serving your country with a skill set for a job I am applying barely gives me an edge over some geek who's never done anything in his life?

• 4 weeks ago

sure, if you have a skill that they need.

just being a veteran isn't gonna get you a job.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

You mean other than having skills/experience that those companies need? I don't think so.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, the first thing is to learn how to spell "their ".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.