Is the word "the" the opposite of the plural "s", and then "a" is in the middle because it means something like "one of many"?

• YKhan
    Favorite Answer

The words "the", "a", and "an" are called articles in grammar. "The" is known as a definite article, pointing to something specific. The words "a" and "an" are indefinite articles, pointing to nothing specific, just something in general. The word "the" can refer to either singular or plural objects, while "a/an" can only refer to singular objects. The indefinite plural equivalent of "a/an" is "some".

• geezer

OK ...

''a'' is singular .. and ''the'' can be singular or plural

but what do you mean by ... the opposite of the plural ''s'' ?

• Arthur3 weeks agoReport

I forgot that "the" can also be plural. I thought it was only singular and opposite of "s" Sorry I forgot about these things.

• Bob

Yes, sure, why not? We can also further assume that the word "sense" is the opposite of the phrase "you're not making any", and then "wtf" is in the middle because it means something like "are you talking about?"

• Bob
      3 weeks agoReport

Arthur, I'm trying to point out to you that your question makes NO FKN SENSE. Calling me an idiot doesn't change that. Your sentences are gibberish.