Why do people wear ripped jeans? ?

They look like homeless people 

• Will
    Favorite Answer

Celebrities made it seem fashionable and their easily influenced followers make it an official style. 

Don't judge, the poor lady in that photo is probably homeless and can't afford a new pair of pants.

• Cee

I could never be bothered with that fashion. Most look terrible.

it fashion thus why everyone wear it.

its kind of the new thing in right now and everyone finds it to be in and the new style 

• Joe

Sophia Loren never wore ripped jeans. She felt it insulted the poor.

They don't know where this style came from but still where it as if it's beautiful.

• kelvin

no one cares what you think about how they look and say that to their faces and enjoy your stay at the hospital after you get knocked out

• Boo!4 weeks agoReport

Not sure why your comment hasn't been removed yet but I've written an email to Yahoo Answers team to take it down and give you a warning. 

Celebs get free clothes and/or are paid to be seen in them to start a fad.  Some people then think they are being "different" by following the fad, no matter how stupid.  It's marketing . . . and when sales decline, the Chinese sweatshops stop making the product.

When I was a kid, there were 3 leading brands of jeans:  Levis, Lee and Wranglers.  My brothers and I wore Levis all the time - they got handed down from brother to brother to brother . . . . and we never had one with a hole or fray.  

• audrey

Do you some of those jeans cost HUNDREDS of dollars? I could make a $10 pair from the dollar store look like that with a razor blade! People wear 'em cause they're what's "in" right now.