How can I get a job if people hate me for my Asperger’s condition ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Biff
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Some people might find you obsessive and intense but most would get used to that and few if any would hate you. There are far worse character traits. There are jobs, computer coding for example, for which Asperger's sufferers are sometimes positively recruited.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

UPS, if you don't mind that kind of work, is excellent at helping people with special needs I am told. I don't have any first hand experience but I recall my uncle who works there mentioning this to my mother when I was 15. I have learning disabilities and mental illness but ended up working for my step-father who raised me with my Mom.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Based on my own personal experiences with Asperger's people, I suspect that you may leave potential employers thinking "This person is astonishingly knowledgeable in his/her field. But dealing with him every day would drive everybody crazy. Let's go with the person who is less competent but easy to work with." 

Your condition may explain but does not excuse poor people skills. Turn that keen mind to getting better at making a good impression on potential employers, on co-workers. Like any other skill, if you exert yourself to improve than you (almost always) will improve. 

Please consider that I am GUESSING here at what is going on. I'm making no claims of certainty or special insight. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You can't.  And it is better to acknowledge this fact and move on with life. Fix up your room the way you like it in your parents house and get a mini fridge. Why fight it?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

People don't HATE you because you have Asperger's. Don't throw that word around so loosely.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Asperger's is a developmental disorder characterised by significant difficulties in social interaction and nonverbal communication, along with restricted and repetitive patterns of behavior and interests.

So find something you are passionate about and start doing it.  You are likely to be able to outperform many others in that field due to the focus you will give the thing you are passionate about.

• 3 weeks ago

People that hold job interviews can't possibly fall under that category due to the fact that they know nothing about you that you don't tell them. It's all in your mind, not that it is a reality!

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You should have been born with better genetics like Brock Lesnar was 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.