How can I plug a DisplayPort into HDMI?

I'm a freshman in college, and I picked up a new laptop to help get me through around two years ago. A few days ago, I also picked up an Oculus Rift S, which I believe will prove both fun and informative. As I was unwrapping the Rift, I noticed it had one irremovable cable stemming from the headset, which branched into a USB cable and a DisplayPort cable. That would have been fine, however, the laptop I purchased does not have a DisplayPort port, meaning, I cannot plug in the Rift to my computer. Without that connection, I cannot use my new device. The laptop I purchased was a Dell G5 15, which only has 3 USB ports, an ethernet port, it's charging port, an HDMI port, and a USB C Thunderbolt port. My question is, how, if at all, can I make the DisplayPort cable plug into either HDMI or Thunderbolt and have it run effectively? Thank you!

https://www.google.com/search?q=hdmi+to+thunderbol...

Good luck in college, you're going to need it.

• Lv 7

you cannot do that. it's like asking how you plug an electrical plug into your car battery. or how to plug a Nintendo controller into your XBOX.

the two use different streams, and honestly, if your computer does not have a DisplayPort connection, it probably is too low power to handle VR. check the specs on Oculus.com for the S. they're pretty high. it even SAYS on the oculus site NOT to try to use adapters, as they are NOT supported.

regular gaming computers have to be very fast. VR gaming computers have to be EVEN FASTER. sorry, it's just not in the cards...

Thunderbolt to DisplayPort.

You can get the adapter at most computer stores or Amazon.

Yes I am sure of it but not entirely sure.