Faye asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

sweet potatoes with maple syrup?

I guess it would be tasty and if you're into eating sugar, and hoping for diabetes, then keep eating maple syrup

Maple syrup works well with sweet potatoes.  They're great with some butter or margarine added as well.  The maple syrup isn't as sweet as pancake syrup, though.  In many southern and Midwest states, like mine, sweet potatoes are baked in a casserole dish and topped with marshmallows at the last minute, the marshmallows browned in the oven.  It's a traditional southern dish at holiday times.

• Adam D

I had chicken and waffles once in Mississippi that had a similar theme.  The chicken was breaded tenders (which were excellent).  But the waffles were waffle-cut sweet potato fries.  Instead of maple syrup, they used dark cane syrup, but I imagine maple would still work pretty well.  They topped it with a light dusting of powdered sugar and a dollop of whipped cream, for good measure.

• Chris

That sounds kinda gross

Maple syrup sweetens these velvety mashed sweet potatoes. Pass a pitcher of warm syrup to drizzle over the top.

Baked sweet potato with peanut butter!

• Dze

yeah hook me up ...