Is cannabis a dangerous drug?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Tom S
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Much less dangerous than most pharmaceuticals.

• D g
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Only to those who like being intelligent

• 3 weeks ago

Like with everything do it in moderation. If you smoke weed everyday you are going to damage your lungs, your brain, your heart, and even your reproductive system. I

If you smoke once a week or a few times a month then I am sure you will be fine just don't depend on it. Doing it with your friends once in awhile at a social gathering is probably the best thing to do.

The thing that will kill you is stress just relax. And remember don't drink and drive smoke and fly! But not every day or even every week. Enjoy!

• 4 weeks ago

nope nope nope.

• Bill
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

and this from a regular smoker who already has his brain burnt out

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Depends on how you take it, how much you take & how often you take it for. 

You wont ever die from it, but it can cause effects like paranoia from long term usage. If you smoke it, it can be pretty **** for your lungs (lungs only want oxygen), burny air will burn lungs. You wont die from it though. 

• poldi2
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Any drug is dangerous if too much is taken.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Tobacco and alcohol kill millions of people every year.

Cannabis can trigger a psychosis in some people who were going to get one sooner or later anyway. It can take away your focus, meaning you see different things than you used to. It can make you appreciate the little things and reluctant to join the ratrace

• 4 weeks ago

It can be if it’s laced with other drugs and it often is

• Tom S
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

"other drugs' usually cost more, you won't get that for free!

• 4 weeks ago

Yes, potentially, but not at all on the same scale as cocaine or heroin or ecstacy or meth or countless manufactured drugs.

Alcohol can be a dangerous drug. Coffee can be a dangerous drug. It's somewhere around there, in my opinion.

I believe the biggest danger with cannabis is that it can make you lazy with your life. It can make you happy with doing nothing. If you make it a habit, you can spend days, weeks, months, slothing on the couch and playing computer games and shunning social contact, while your life keeps on rolling by, time that you can never have back. THAT is the real harm it can do, I believe, based on personal experience.

It is not something to make a habit of, I think it is best experienced as a very occasional thing at well selected events, something that you might do maybe 2 or 3 times in a whole year at most. That way, it can be something fun and special, instead of a prolonged state of paranoia mixed with withdrawal.

Some people will react worse to cannabis than others, that is also definitely true... but harm from cannabis doesn't even remotely match harm that has been historically caused by alcohol, or just about any other recreational drug you could name.

• Bill
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

considering the amount of users who are brain dead , it must be a dangerous drug

• Tom S
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Like these folks?......https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5160073/amp

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.