While on desktop, my typed character count won’t drop. Why is it working on my mobile device from which I’m typing this question?

It’s as if my desktop recognizes the typed question, details, and even answers no more.

Favorite Answer

It is just a gitch that has also happened to me.  It has nothing to do with being on desktop mode on your mobile.  Usually, it just returns to normal after a few hours.  They may be working on the new format which always screws things up here.

• Daniel

Could be a Bug with the Desktop Version of the Site since its working Properly on your Phone

Desktop devices and browsers have to be in desktop mode. Your mobile device and browser are in desktop mode. 

I know this is counter in tuition, but all devices, including desktops and laptops HAVE to be in desktop mode. 

It's as if your desktop recognizes those things 'no more'? What the hell does that mean?