I locked my dads for arm away. He’s arguing to get it back for self defense at his business. Please read details & answer ?

My father works at a business that honestly does need some kind of protection like pepper spray, taser, etc. I been there & a weapon is possibly useful for self defense. But he has left the gun loaded twice, he’s a drunk also so I don’t trust him. My brother & mom don’t either but he creates huge arguments & I know he’s going to make one if I say no again. My mom is telling me to just give it to him and make him keep it at work. But I don’t trust him, I have told him several times to keep it locked but he doesn’t. It has gone off once in the house before too When he was unloading it but he claims “ it’s ok” bc he had it pointed down 

Give him his firearm minus the bullets, of course.  Keep the bullets locked up.  This will be a temporary fix but it's worth the effort.

His reason doen't matter, This is a CONFESSION to theft.YOU are legally wrong, even if he shouldn't be allowed to have a gun.

For the record, NOT keeping a gun intended for sell defense would be irresponsible.

• Livjot3 weeks agoReport

My father leaving the gun loaded is against the law. Especially leaving it unlocked around children, I believe is a felony. So me taking it and locking it is the safest thing to do. Do you think him having the gun is more important than risking a family members life? Especially my little brother 

• Pat

What the hell is a "for arm"?