Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 3 weeks ago

Do you compare yourself to others often?

How?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Bee V2
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

Yes. I hate how everyone has a flat belly except for me. And everyone else's body is proportionate and mine isn't. I hate how I'm so skinny and thin all over except for my chin and stomach

• 3 weeks ago

I do that sometimes.  I'll look at other people and realize i don't stand a chance of ever looking as good as they do.

• 3 weeks ago

not as much as I used to, I used to think many people get treated better than me because of my learning disability

• Walter
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

Not necessarily

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • hammy
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Of course. One can't help but look at society and see how they measure up to them. Whether its knowingly or unknowingly.

I look at my neighbors and wonder where they work, what they do, how much money they make, do they have any pets? It seems harmless but I am comparing myself to them quietly, one question at time.

I see beautiful shoes that I would like to buy, but I am too responsible to spend money on shoes when I need food. I look at the rich (not anyone in particular) who can buy nice items anytime they want. I am still comparing myself to a group of people not a single person.

The list goes on and on, we look at hairstyles we envy on others, we look at a husband and wife that helped each other even through hard times and we want that.

Each person has different wants but I noticed that most of the time they are comparing themselves.

• Nicole
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Nope.............

• Mier
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

No, that's unethical and not really healthy. It's one of the many reasons why a lot of people are depressed in today's society.  You should only strive to be the best version of yourself. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.