My Bf told me I am self centered Why?

We are both in the 30s. I want to get married but I am not in rush for it so I told my Boyfriend that we can get engaged first? He told me his not ready for it so I told him fine? I will wait until you are ready to propose to me. And he told me I just self centered. I just feel hurt when he said that too me. We love each other so much..  I don't know what wrong with him?  Need advice please. 

• Brian
    Favorite Answer

Why is he still with  you if he does not wish to see the relationship advance and move forward? This makes no sense to me. Yes before actual marriage you should be engaged to test a true commitment towards each other but I don't see how you are self centered here. You're very lovely, i would think he would want to solidify things with you.

• Brian
      4 weeks agoReport

Thanks for best answer, and best of luck!

• LP7

Guess what? Maybe he doesn't want to get married to you

• keerok

Time to find a new boyfriend.

Time for a come to Jesus moment. Lay out what you want from the relationship: Commitment, monogamy, children or not, equal say in a relationship, security, loving treatment, and consistent emotional availability, or whatever your goals are. Lay those out and ask him if that matches his relationship aspirations. If they match, ask where's the ring. If not, work through it and if he is not in accord with your litmus tests, suggest you date other people.

• I do always pray hard our relationship is good. And pray had that he had a job in Dubai and now his still there looking for job. I love him so much and so as he but sometimes I get confused of his feelings. He told me he wants a loving and good gal for himself but I am the 1 for him here 😭

Then break up with him and date an ex con instead.

He doesn't love you "so much".  He's controlling, and expects you to make all the compromises and adjustments. If you wait for him to propose, you'll have a long wait. Find someone who is just desperate to be with you.