Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Know nothing about politics ?

This might sound absolutely ridiculous.

I am a business person in my community.

I know NOTHING at all about politics. Nothing.

Recently during the election I didn't even know who was running. I don't even know who is part of the parties.

I'm in my thirties and I have no idea where to start to learn about these things. But I need to start from scratch.

Any recommendations?

Remember I'm starting from scratch so I don't even know who anyone is or anything

Thanks!

• Sally

Are you watching the debates, for one example? If you heard what topics are being discussed and what the candidates' different ideas are, it might give you a start in understanding the bigger picture.

• this website is not the place to do it 

Read the news everyday, honestly that's the way to go. read Macleans articles

Do yourself a favor and don't.

You are better of the way you are, not knowing and not caring about all that political games nonsense, just live your life in peace and do good to others.

Here's an off the wall suggestion.  Remain ignorant.  People who don't follow politics and the never ending negative news reports tend to be happier.

However, if you want a good starting place with a variety of viewpoints, give realclearpolitics.com a try.  They post maybe 20 articles a day with differing viewpoints and authors.  After reading a while, you'll get a sense of what makes  sense and what is just political bull.