Guns were available to everybody in the 80's yet now we have school shootings but not then. why?

Were people more sane then? Why are they not sane now? Has life been cheapened? How'd that happen?

Update:

In the 80's, as a 14 year old, I could walk into a Woolworth's and buy a box of rounds with my soda. It was nothing and nobody thought twice about it.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Jerome
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

If you mean there wasn't mass shootings at schools in the 80s. Then you are correct.

But then again, definition of words and phrases seem to change all the time to fit the times.........🤔

There were school shootings and that's for sure.

It was way more relax in schools back then. Especially if you knew how to fight.

My aunt said it best....."fighting has played out. People don't fight anymore. They shoot".

• 4 weeks ago

Back in the 80's there were a lot of people going "Postal", a phrase derived from all the times some postal service guy got ticked off and shot up the post office. Other work place shootings took place and any work place shooting was referred to as going postal. So they didn't take place on school grounds, but people died just the same.

• 4 weeks ago

Back in the 80’s, if you got mad at someone, you had a fight, and got over it. 

Now we have armies of single mothers who can’t teach their sons how to stand up for themselves, and with all the isolation and anger, it’s easier just to shoot people. 

• keerok
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

There may have been shootings then but media is more advanced now that even senseless roadkills get highlighted seconds right after it happens.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Diversity destroys community cohesion, single motherhood is a huge factor, too.

• 4 weeks ago

The CDC could probably answer that, but NRA lobbyists stopped them from investigating gun deaths as an epidemic and public health hazard.

• Edgar4 weeks agoReport

Diversity and single mothers are the epidemic.

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Guns were NOT “available to everybody” in the 80s. Do the research.

• 4 weeks ago

It's as if you could have looked this up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shoot...

• 4 weeks ago

Liberalism has everything messed up

• there werent school shootings then because all the shootings were in the streets

that and school bullies were different, to a degree, which resulted in different reactions from the bullied

i guess nobody back then in grade school thought about using weapons to get revenge 

but then again, that was also the time america was at war, and kids were raised by hippy parents

now parents are just miserable 

oh yes just downvote it, get triggared who every you are that did that 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.