Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Is he treating me to a date?

Online guy and I had been chatting for more than a week and I noticed that he would always reply longgg texts. So a few days ago, I said to him "maybe we can meet next Sunday", and now we are confirmed for Monday. Rest of convo:

Me: Perfect. Downtown is good. Where to meet?

Him: Ok, great, let me know your preference, I can then suggest places and you can choose. Do you prefer Japanese, Western, Turkish or Chinese?

Me: Aww thanks for being considerate. I'm open to anything. But from the list, how about Japanese or Turkish

Him: No problem, I try to be a good host. (gives names of two high end restaurants). Also, your options are not limited to the list, feel free to choose any other restaurant if you wish. I work near buildingA so anywhere is within my walking radius.

Me: You are sweet. Let's try PlaceA. See you there at 5:30?

• keerok
    Favorite Answer

You're meeting up. I don't call it a date. Prepare to pay.

• LP7

Keep your phone on and tell a friend your plans.Something's not adding up

• Kate1 month agoReport

Thanks! What are some reasons it doesnt feel right?

You've already gotten answers saying that it sounds like he plans to pay, but you should be prepared to pay. Why are you asking this again? Are you hoping for different answers? What answer do you want to get?