So, if you were a teenager in school in the 80's, nobody hosed their classmates with a gun...?

...even though every household had guns. So what happened to change this?

There wasn't a household in America that didn't have a gun. It was like having a car or lightbulbs.

• L.N.
    Favorite Answer

Liberals took over the schools and produced the first generation of snowflakes.

• keerok

I was a teenager in the 80's. Nobody had guns then (well one of my buddies had because his dad was part of the university security force). Today that my sons are teenagers, and still, hardly anyone I know has a gun. I don't know with you but I'm definitely from where you are. From where I am, when you have a problem, there's always some extended family member going to meddle with your life.

Back in the 80s we didn't all think of ourselves as victims

I wasn't even born in 80s. I was a teenager since 2006-2012.

Actually I was a teenager in the 80s in Iowa and I remember a boy killing his ex-girlfriend and then himself at a nearby high school in Pleasant Hill.  (Had to look up the details though - 17-year-old student, Todd Dunahoo, killed 16-year-old Valerie Rockafellow in the hallway at Southeast Polk High School, then turned the gun on himself).  This was back in 1984.  There were 4 other school shootings that year too.  (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_sho...

But yes, in Iowa hunting was a big thing and many homes had guns.What’s changed is probably more accesses to higher power weapons and the “success” of other other school shootings which help to motivate others who may have thought about it but didn’t think it could be done.  (Aka More copycats.)

Every? Not hardly. And even those that did have one, for most it was likely just one safely stashed away somewhere. They weren't some glorified thing kids wanted to get their hands on because adults weren't obsessed with them and making them into some coveted "grown up" thing for kids to want to get their hands on in their childhood quest to grow up...

Also, see my edited extended answer to the last question. Too many kids don't seem to be learning how to properly handle real life anymore, instead turning to the poisonous crap online that just makes things worse.

"There wasn't a household in America that didn't have a gun. It was like having a car or lightbulbs."

Yeah, pretty sure mine did not as a child, so stop assuming your life is an example of all lives.

• Andrew4 weeks agoReport

but the real gist is...that you know you're bd'ing and want to double down on it...and that may be what "has changed"

• Manny

Simple, you guys got scared when Obama became President; as you realized that globalism and multiculturalism was no longer mere talk from marginalized people.

So in order to preserve your outdated way of life, you shove guns down as many throats as you can in a desperate attempt to keep conservative values alive for generations to come.

What's shocks me is that people can't believe giving a hormonally imbalanced teenager a tool of killing that they might use it to kill irrationally, LOL.

Source(s): I mean, at least in the 80s they weren't as paranoid to preserve good ol' American values like now. Of course, that's because of the Cold War, and generally being a more conservative society in the first place... But the point still stands. Change is the law of life, neglect it at everyone's peril.
    • Bill
      4 weeks agoReport

Yawn. No one is having guns forced down their throats. Grow up. 

“ . . . EVERY household had guns” . . . can you please back this up with verifiable data? . . . that’s what I thought . . . you just like to make assertions off the top of your pointy head.

• Les Than Spam
      4 weeks agoReport

that’s verifiable data? No, that’s talking offf the top of your pointy head . .

• Jay

boomers got into power and f­ucked up the entire world, permanently.