Have I got it wrong?

When I went to an annual festival with a group of friends, a guy kept walking and sitting beside me, laughing when I laughed and at things I said that weren’t funny, hanging on my every word, looking at me and then he rubbed my upper back when I hugged him good bye.  I have Asperger’s Syndrome and I can’t read when a guy likes me or whether it’s sexual or romantic.  

It's very hard for any woman to know when a man is interested in her, or when he's only interested in sex. It helps to ask friends who have observed him. It's also a really good idea to only go out with guys that you know from some setting or that friends know and can tell you that he's a good guy. 

• mokrie

You need to learn to be careful with strangers. He did not know you so he had no right to touch you in any way. Your autism makes you too trusting and had you been alone he would have tried to talk you into walking off with him and you could have been raped or killed. NEVER let a strange man touch you, rub your back, put his hand on your leg or anything without telling him in a loud voice to stop touching you. Your being so naive puts you in danger.