Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 month ago

Can you hide a septum piercing while getting your nose pierced ?

I have a septum piercing and I told my friend I’d never gotten a piercing before because we’re both getting our nostrils done together and I don’t want her to be scared. I wonder if the piercer will see the hole in my septum  even if my jewelry is out? 

• Hypnos

You should just tell her the truth. Chances are the hole has either closed by now or the piercer won't say anything but telling her you've never got anything pierced to make her feel better isn't really going to help. Your friend is going to anticipate pain no matter what, because getting a needle through your skin by choice is scary, it's better to be honest that you've had a piercing in my experience it actually works out well because they feel more prepared knowing you've been there and it's so quick you don't really have time to think about it. As far as the pain of the actual nose piercing goes, it was pretty painless for me and she doesn't really have anything to worry about.

As someone who has gotten a septum piercing and a couple nostril piercings, I will say that I think it is unlikely that the piercer will notice the hole if you take the jewelry out. This is just based on my experience, but I never had a piercer - when prepping for a nostril piercing - examine my nose in a way where I feel like they would have noticed a septum piercing site. Unless, of course, you have a giant hole there, but I'm guessing you don't? I think you should be fine if you take the jewelry out.

you are lying to her and then you're going to get your nostrils connected together???? Better use lots of mouthwash

• keerok

Unless you're that hairy in the nose or you have a large bushy mustache, of course they'll see it.

Lol idfk man.     

coward­­­­­­­­­