Do YOU care that the national debt has hit $23,000,000,000,000, not counting the $200,000,000,000,000 "borrowed" from SS and medicade?

Add in the $13,000,000,000,000 of personal debt and it doesn't look good should a recession/depression come along.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Numbers long ago reached a level to not be believed.

Politicians should take a 75% pay cut, until they can start paying it off.

No pensions for elected officials, No special healthcare or other perks.

Term limit: No Consecutive Terms.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes.  But then again, I'm a progressive, so I care about such things because I care about the public good.  Unlike Republicans and Trumplicans who cut taxes for the super-wealthy then spend, spend, spend like drunks.  Crony Republican capitalism works great until they run out of tax payer money to give their super-wealthy campaign donors.  Then, these same Republicans play dumb and blame "liberals" for their reckless spending.

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

What do you mean by "doesn't look good"? What exactly do imagine will happen? American controls the World Bank and the World Trade Organization, never mind the most powerful military in the world. So nobody's coming a collectin'. Thugs aren't going to be banging on our door asking for their loot. And if America ever got it in its mind to do so, it would virtually erase that debt by devaluing American currency through the World Bank that America controls. Of course, if we do that, then so goes the entire world's economy since every currency in the world is valued off of the US dollar.

Anyway, the United States controlling all the world's money and all the world's trade is why so much of the world hates America, which that hate's why America keeps such a powerful military. I mean, do you think it was an accident that the main target the terrorists hit on 9/11 was the World Trade Center? It was symbolic, especially when you look at the other targets. The attack on the White House (flight 93 that failed) was an attack on America's global political control. The attack on the Pentagon was an attack on America's global military control. The attack on the World Trade Center was an attack on America's global trade control AND on America's global financial control, being that the World Trade Center also houses the World Bank.

• it is i
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

We either won't be able to borrow (no one will lend) or we will continue to devalue our own currency by printing worthless paper script.   Eventually someone is going to complain and all outcomes look bad.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.