My mom asks about my dating life?

Today, my mom was asking me about my dating life. I work with this guy whom I like but it would be weird dating a coworker. She asks me what's wrong with him? I always tell her over and over that he is a coworker and you are not allowed to date coworkers. 

Then she told me to try online. I told her I meet guys but they are all really distant. Then she goes further and says maybe at a party. I don't go out barely at all. The most hilarious part of this all, she hates every guy I like. Yet she talks about these guys.

I talk to guys that come in to my job but it never goes any further than that. We just have small talk and that's it. 

I am a 27 year old female and sometimes I hate being single. Sometimes I like it. How can I stop my mom from getting into my personal life? It's extremely annoying.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Unfortunatly moms are a bit like this

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Tell her you're asexual...this way it'll be a pleasant surprise when you do eventually find someone.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

just tell her you dont want to talk about it

• 4 weeks ago

Maybe your mother doesn't know what else to talk with you about? Change the subject

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Josa
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Every Mom wants to see her daughter married and giving her grand children.  That's the era she was brought up in.  However, she needs to realize that you need to make your own choices.  Marriage is not all it's cracked up to be.  I've been single for over 30 years and was married before in an abusive marriage.  These days a person, man or woman needs to be really careful about who they pick as a partner. My mom did the same thing to me and my response was, "I get along really well with me, I love and respect me, I don't argue with me, I do whatever I want to do and I darned sure don't tell me what time I have to be back from Walmart." I love being single I am a free person.  Perhaps it's not for everyone but, you need to do what you feel is right for you or who is right.  Your Mom can't and should not do it for you.    

• martin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The only way to stop your mom is to move away to some other town or city.

• 4 weeks ago

Doesn't mean you have to answer her questions

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You are 27 years old.  Know what I did when my mother got into my personal life?

I MOVED OUT!

You're an adult.  If you are old enough to date, you're old enough to MOVE OUT.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.