Women don't care about war history or mechanical things?

I find it amusing how feminists push that men and women are exactly the same. Any time a conversation about war history; planes, guns, ships, bridges, etc. comes up there's rarely a woman in sight. Guys love to talk about those sorts of things but women generally don't care at all.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You're onto me. My MA is in European History rather than Military History. I'll just say that European history does involve a lot of military knowledge.

• 3 weeks ago

I think if an activity involving the death and injury of your sons or other mothers' sons is merely "of interest" to you in a kind of nerdy way, you're the one with the problem, so I prefer to see it as there being people who are emotionally repressed who don't care about death and killing and then there are normal people who empathise, female, male or whatever.

• Elana
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

There are plenty of women who are interested in war and mechanical things.  There are plenty of men who are interested in childcare and fashion.

Clearly, not the majority, but enough where your attempts at straight jacketing what man is and what a woman is basically fails.

• Jen
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

I am not interested in war or guns, but I am interested in history and like to read historical novels. I like to read about life in other times. I don't think all men are interested in the things you mentioned either.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • martin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Feminism isn't trying to put an end to the differences between men and women, only except where those differences are unfairly used to pay women less money or deny them promotions.

• KatieC
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Not all men are interested in these things either

• 4 weeks ago

No one cares....

• 4 weeks ago

This doesn’t apply to all women but yes, generally women are not interested in history about wars. But that doesn’t mean they aren't interested in other parts of history. I follow several YouTube channels run by women who focus on the history of fashion, cooking and all sorts of things. And the feminists that believe men and women are the same a very silly.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

What does any of that have to do with _biology_? Granting this is mostly true in the English speaking or American world. Do you seriously believe women are _inborn_ not to be interested in military hardware or that it's cultural and societal? Sometimes I really wonder how dumb people asking these questions are.

• Crockett
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

Go on the street right now and ask 10 random men what Mach 1 means and 10 random women and get back to me...  

• 4 weeks ago

Right. I asked myself a few times this as well. Women can tell you techincally how to set their make up to make them look better, but couldnt tell a poop from a fart

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.