Women don't care about war history or mechanical things?

I find it amusing how feminists push that men and women are exactly the same. Any time a conversation about war history; planes, guns, ships, bridges, etc. comes up there's rarely a woman in sight. Guys love to talk about those sorts of things but women generally don't care at all.

• Foofa

You're onto me. My MA is in European History rather than Military History. I'll just say that European history does involve a lot of military knowledge.

I think if an activity involving the death and injury of your sons or other mothers' sons is merely "of interest" to you in a kind of nerdy way, you're the one with the problem, so I prefer to see it as there being people who are emotionally repressed who don't care about death and killing and then there are normal people who empathise, female, male or whatever.

• Elana

There are plenty of women who are interested in war and mechanical things.  There are plenty of men who are interested in childcare and fashion.

Clearly, not the majority, but enough where your attempts at straight jacketing what man is and what a woman is basically fails.

• Jen

I am not interested in war or guns, but I am interested in history and like to read historical novels. I like to read about life in other times. I don't think all men are interested in the things you mentioned either.

• martin

Feminism isn't trying to put an end to the differences between men and women, only except where those differences are unfairly used to pay women less money or deny them promotions.

• KatieC

Not all men are interested in these things either

No one cares....

This doesn’t apply to all women but yes, generally women are not interested in history about wars. But that doesn’t mean they aren't interested in other parts of history. I follow several YouTube channels run by women who focus on the history of fashion, cooking and all sorts of things. And the feminists that believe men and women are the same a very silly.

What does any of that have to do with _biology_? Granting this is mostly true in the English speaking or American world. Do you seriously believe women are _inborn_ not to be interested in military hardware or that it's cultural and societal? Sometimes I really wonder how dumb people asking these questions are.

• Crockett
      4 weeks agoReport

Go on the street right now and ask 10 random men what Mach 1 means and 10 random women and get back to me...  

Right. I asked myself a few times this as well. Women can tell you techincally how to set their make up to make them look better, but couldnt tell a poop from a fart