Interrupting Husband?

I'm really beginning to resent my husband interrupting me when I'm talking. He is normally a quiet person so it seems intentional or compulsive. I've tried telling him many times. When I'm in a good mood, I've tried asking him to hold on and let me finish but to no avail. It's like he's 6 years old even though he's normally very mature. When I'm more annoyed I just stop talking altogether and when he eventually notices I will say, "you interrupted me twice and I'm not going to tell you the end of what I was talking about ever. Once, he and his daughter both interrupted me and talked down to me (on a topic that was MY JOB for 18 years) while I was trying to tell them something very important. I shut my mouth that day and I will never tell them what I was saying even though the lack of information has impacted her life negatively. I know it's awful but I laugh silently when I see the giant and very preventable mistake that she made because of her ignorance that day, and I realize that means I'm becoming very ugly in my resentment. I have called it to his attention countless times, told him that it bothers me and he doesn't seem in control of the habit or even sometimes realize that he's done it. It seems like a lack of respect and I've brought that up with him and he denies that vehemently, but still the behavior continues. I don't know what else I can do to straighten this out. Other than this habit he's usually a great husband but I'm starting to really get fed up. 

Because women are best seen, not heard. 

Try a nice cup of STFU. If you didn't flap your gums all the time, he wouldn't have to interrupt you to get a word in edgeways.

• PAMELA

So stop talking to him! say there is no point because you are always interrupting! if he starts to talk to you, interrupt him!

So he is annoying because he talks when you want to finish what you say? You are right that is very immature - of you too. Conversation involves BOTH people having a say not just one talking and the other listening. Then to spitefully not even finish? Even when you know it could cause someone else strife? Doesn't sound like you are a honey to live with either. Maybe you deserve each other?

• kristy

Find someone else who will listen, then get rid of the husband

have u tried expressing what u want to say in FEWER WORDS? people get tired listening to u going on and on and on and lose the trail of thoughts

Could it be that you resent the fact that your husband doesn't respect you as a person? If that seems to be the root cause, have a talk with him, and emphasize that even if he doesn't feel that way, it's what his actions imply. Confront the issues and work them out between the two of you. The people on this board are uninformed bystanders. You're there with all the information.