Mier
Mier asked in SportsFootball (American) · 4 weeks ago

Do you like the way Joe Buck commentates NFL Games? ?

Joe Buck tends to play favorites. He does the same thing with his call of baseball games. 

Joe Buck sucks. Always has and always will. 

• David

One of the best is Dick Stockton.  I remember him calling Red Sox games during the 70s.  He was excellent calling NBA games on CBS during the 80s, and calling football.  What I miss most about that time is that announcers did just that: they described the action.  There were no "sideline reporters."  (That was especially annoying during Game 1 of the 2004 World Series.)

• Mike W

He's all right.  He's no Keith Jackson, but he's all right. 

• Bob

No, I don't like him calling NFL games,MLB games or golf,and I agree that he does play favorites in particular when doing MLB GAMES.

I don't mind him because he hates Colon Krapperdick.  He thinks Krapperdick is a talentless America hating idiot.  

• He doesn't play favourites and he most assuredly doesn't care who wins/loses. Having had to listen to him do baseball and golf, he tends to over-talk rather than letting the visuals do the talking (he needs to remind himself that he's not on radio).

• Cory

He doesn't play favorites . You only hear what you want

He's neither the best or the worst I've heard.

Joe Buck is just the way he is.

Buck is slick and polished, but I've never particularly liked or disliked him.  What I dislike, it Troy Aikman, his partner who is the BIGGEST homer for the Cowboys.  I mean, it's almost sick when he does color on a Cowboy game.  What a homer.

IMHO, there should be a rule against broadcasters working games involving teams they played for.