Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

What do you think my mom has?

My mom has always been this way. She will act really nice and charming in public and always tries to grab attention from everyone. But at home, it’s always like walking on eggshells, controlling, is a bully, abusive has a very short temper/ no patience, gaslights, lies, always makes herself out to be the victim- twist stories to benefit her. What do you my mom has or what is wrong with her?

And just The other day I tried to talk about her mistreatment and her response was “there are a lot worse mothers, some moms kill their kids!” I am not kidding at all- that is exactly what she said :/

It is not a mid life crisis- she has been like this my whole life- I’m 26

My Mom was the same way. I think Josa is correct in what she suggested for reading for you. If you feel you could benefit from therapy, I hope you get it. I didn't start therapy until I was 40, although at age 19 I started to know something was terribly wrong. "Some moms kill their kids" is a classic. I think all narcissistic parents use that line! All the best to you, and I hope there is comfort in knowing you're not the only one who has gone through this with a parent.

maybe mental issues she needs to take care of

• Josa

Look up Narcissistic personality disorder and borderline personality disorder.  It will be very helpful to you!! Your Mom is a classic case.  These disorders are mental health diagnosis'.  Good luck!!

How would we know?

• martin

She may be going through a mid-life crisis. She may not even know what's making her act the way she does. This is a case for a counselor or psychologist.

she could have some mental issues she needs to take care of