Don't you wish they would reboot Popeye the movie?

They had one from the 60s I think but they need to reboot the movie 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

The one you are thinking of is from the 1980, and I like it better then others, who could even play Popeye today, or even Olive Oyl 

• 4 weeks ago

No.

Not even Ray Walston, as "Poopdeck Pappy" could help That flick. 

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I don't see a big demand for a new Popeye movie.  There's only so much material to work with.  Popeye gets in trouble, eats spinach, and wins the day.  I'm just hoping that no one gets the idea to make a movie based on something like Snap, Crackle, and Pop.  

• 4 weeks ago

Nah. I like the Robin Williams version just fine.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

No, one of those was enough.

• 4 weeks ago

No.  The one from 1980 starring Robin Williams and Shelly Duval was atrocious.  Popeye is a dumb character anyway.  All he does is punch everyone.  He's a misshapen psychopath who belongs in jail.

• Cap'n. America
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

The teamster would beat up anyone who tried to date the girl., until he met a blacksmith. They was a menage a trois till the end.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

That's a nice idea

• David
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The Popeye movie starred Robin Williams. It came out in 1980 and was a total disaster.

I regret spending my money and my date's time on this travesty.

• Cap'n. America
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

Its rated one of the most expensive disasters of all time. Filmed in Malta, $$. :"Paint your Wagon" filmed in Oregon; cast/crew had to travel 30 miles/day and back from camp to location. 

• 4 weeks ago

They need to make a upgrade...did you get that one Google news?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.