Can my car make it to Florida from North Carolina?

I have a 2005 Toyota Solara with about 280,000 miles on it. I’m wondering if my car would be able to make it that far. 

Favorite Answer

Sure, do a maintenance check, making sure everything works properly and there's no problems and you should make it just fine.

lot of mechanics will do a pre road trip inspection for you. Why not spend 50 dollars and get it done so you can relax and ejoy your trip rather than losing sleep and getting stranded somewhere. 

As long as you're gassed up, and your car is in good shape, you should be good to go!

It should mileage doesn’t really matter when traveling long distances. It’s just a measure of how used up a car is 

Most newer cars can make it 250,000 to 300,000 miles with proper maintenance, if you are at 280,000 miles I'm going to assume that you have taken pretty good care of your car. To answer your question I think you can make it but it might be time to get rid of your car soon. 

i dont see why not

If your car has not a seen a mechanic in years, it might be time to see one before your trip.

Best way is to take it to a license mechanic at a Toyota dealership and tell them your plan to drive it to Florida and you getting a second opinion from them and get the $99 car diagnostic test done and that will tell you the shape the car is in. 

Depends how it drives. Just by telling me the mileage does absolutely nothing to help to diagnose your car.

My crystal ball can't read anything about the way you maintain it.