Jake asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 4 weeks ago

How to find civilian contracts for the military?

I am 24 years old and live in North Carolina. I have been contracting for the government for almost 3 years now and I was wondering how to find other contracts. I want to try to work in Washington for a while but I am not sure how to go about it. I would appreciate it if someone could give me some tips and advice. Thanks for your time.

BS. If you had been a government contractor for ONE year, you would know how to find other contracts.

• Jake4 weeks agoReport

Not if I’ve never looked into it. I’m 24 and this is the highest paying job I’ve ever had. Why would I think about leaving earlier than now? Especially if the people on my contract actively try to get each other fired? If you don’t have any real input or just wanna argue feel free to not answer.

• Daniel

Are you a business owner trying to bid on government contracts?

If so, read this:  https://www.usa.gov/become-government-contractor

Or, are you just some guy trying to find a job working for a contractor?  In that case, it is really no different than finding any other job.  You look on company websites or on job sites like LinkedIn, Indeed, etc.  

• If you find out let me know.  I'm a veteran and trying to get a foot in the door at places like Raytheon, Northrup Grunman or Honeywell seem non-existent.

• Mrsjvb

usajobs.com is the official job search website.  

• Daniel
      4 weeks agoReport

That's for civilian jobs.  This person is looking to either pick up government contracts or find a job with a contractor (I can't really tell which).  There is some other website out there for contracts.