Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

How can I move to Canada as an American?

What sort of Visa if necessary to legally move to Canada?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Basically, have a skill, or profession that is in high demand in Canada.  Then, you just apply - about 10,000 Americans are accepted every year.  But, the standards are VERY high!  More than half of Canadians have a degree, so, competition can be fierce.

• 1 month ago

See the Immigration Canada website for complete details: cic.gc.ca

You must apply & be approved for PR (legal permanent residency status) prior to entry to Canada. See their Shortage List of Occupations for the education & experience requirements (you must Canadian standards, e.g. Canadian occupational licensing requirements, etc.). IF you meet requirements, then you need to find an open position with an AUTHORIZED employer who holds Canadian govt permission to consider foreign applicants. IF you get the job, the employer will support your application for PR status. It is quite common to have 100-1000 applicants from around the world for any job which offers prospects of temporary employment visa or PR (immigration).

• James1 month agoReport

This is the correct way to do it just moved here myself. look on the immigration website and do what it says and your good.

• 1 month ago

Sure, if you have advanced educational & professional qualifications plus a job offer from a an employer who can + will sponsor you for a work visa/TN status or you marry a Canadian who can + will sponsor you for immigration.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You can actually apply online to legally move to Canada.

Just submit an application. Trust me, moving to Canada isn't that hard as an American. It's actually pretty easy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • sam
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Why would canada want you? Being an american citizen is not a free pass. You need to have a job offer with high level education or professional experience. An engineering degree in high nanatecnology or heart surgeon would get you in.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.