2006 Pathfinder Overheating, help!?

2006 Pathfinder had a broken plastic piece that comes from what I believe is the heater core (very common) it caused a leak , I fixed it. Top'd off the antifreeze it started to overheat  to (90%) the oil temperature was normal. Changed the thermostat and it still does it. Car has no heat and bottom radiator hose is cool and it feels like no liquid is inside. Dont know 🤦🏻‍♂️

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Cooling system has a leak and/or needs to be bled.  Pressure test and/or bleed the system.  Might be a good time to get a service manual.

• ef4 weeks agoReport

System had excessive amount of air , bled it out with spill free funnel and now heat works and car is cool. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • Bort
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

The heater core doesn't have anything to do with cooling the engine.

If there is no coolant flowing through the coolant hoses that means the water pump is not working. Check the belt(s) first before changing the water pump.

• don r
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Seems to me there is air trapped in the engine that needs to bled out. Sounds like it got dangerously hot. If you only topped the overflow tank, that didn't help you....the radiator needs to be filled. If you idle the car in the driveway with the radiator cap off you can watch the fluid level go down as the bubbles come out and add coolant until it finally fills completely. Keep an eye on the temp needle so the engine doesn't fry, and watch the radiator fans to make sure they come on and off as needed. If the fans never come on, that is another problem usually caused when a fan relay fails. Good luck.

• 1 month ago

Nissan's have a very hard cooling system to fill. You need a vacuum fill tool to fill the cooling system or else you will always have an air pocket in the cooling system that will cause over heating.

Either find a mechanic with a vacuum fill tool such as an "airlift tool" or go to the dealer before you ruin your head gaskets.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech / Infiniti Tech
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.