Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Why is my cat so spoilt?

I have a cat for the fist time in my life and it acts really spoilt and entitled. Every time I walk past it it acts like it knows I want to pet it (even if I don't sometimes) and then it makes this belittling noise and walks off.

It never lets me hold it for more then about 2-3 seconds because it always jumps away.

It's very entitled with food. I give it normal cat food and it wants a treat. When I don't give it a treat it cries even if it's had plenty of cat food a minute ago.

It sometimes randomly hisses out of the blue.

Why is it so spoilt? It's a rescue cat so we don't know how the previous owners treated it apart from the fact that's it's trained to use its litter box and that it was relatively healthy.

Update:

I feel weird saying this but it has a bad attitude similar to a spoilt kid. Selfish, entitled, unaffectionate. 

Update 2:

I don't understand how a cat can have bad behaviour if they don't have a sense of morality.

Update 3:

Or maybe perhaps contrary to popular belief they do have a limited sense of right and wrong.

Update 4:

@Barkley Hound, but I've seen cats that are the opposite of my cat. I've seen less spoilt and affectionate cats.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It is a spoiled brat cat.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Take your cat to the vet

• 1 month ago

That is because cats own us and we own dogs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.