is It bad to use patch panels on car? ?

I want to take care of rust the right way, but cutting out any trace of it, and then putting new metal where need be. I would like to find a nice donor car and just cut out a huge chunk of the rear quarter panel, but can’t find the car. Online they sell a lot of restoration products, and have rear quarter panel patch sets. Only thing is, they have one for above the wheel, one for in front of the wheel, and one for behind the wheel. They don’t have just one big quarter panel patch that will go around the whole wheel. AND I’ll need all three. Is it bad to have three different patch panels in such a concentrated area? Thanks. 

Apologize for the typos. This was typed on my phone. 

As long as the repair is done correctly it will look like new. 

If the rust is bad enough, consider replacing the whole panel. Otherwise it doesn't matter if you have three repair patches welded together. This is not a load bearing part of the structure

• L.N.

It is not bad to use patch panels. they will be welded solidly together and the seams filled with polyester body filler. Having big rust holes in your car on the other hand, is bad.