I have a Cuban friend who lives in Bolivia and wants  to come to the US via tourist Visa. Once he arrives in US how can he stay permanently ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

He can't.. He comes in a tourist visa, then he goes home...otherwise he becomes illegal

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

He could always try to claim asylum and put himself into that meat grinder (because he will have committed fraud when applying for a tourist visa when he's really looking for permanent relocation). But in general he'd have to marry a US citizen and receive sponsorship that way. So Mazel Tov to you if you're going to marry him.

• 3 weeks ago

if he wants to trade citizenships I would be happy to assist him. I would love to be Cuban. I can have a son called Fidel.

• 3 weeks ago

He can't.  Visitor visas are just that - for visitors, and they have to go home afterwards.  He can apply for immigration, but, that is a different thing entirely from a visit.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Since he is Cuban: Yes, If he succeeds in getting a visitor visa for the USA then yes, he can apply for immigration after he is inside the USA.

There are other options since he is Cuban. Try calling these people for help:

https://www.politicalasylumusa.com/countries/cuba-...

• 3 weeks ago

If he is not legally residing in Bolivia, he is never going anywhere but back to Cuba. IF he is legally residing in Bolivia, and can prove his ties to Bolivia, he might qualify to apply for a tourist visa. However, NO way he can remain in US as he already holds legal residency elsewhere & no possibility of any claim to asylum, etc.

Applying for any temporary visa when you intend to remain is visa FRAUD - grounds for visa denial or revocation, deportation/mandatory departure, and permanent bar to entry. Even naturalized citizenship can be (& numerous cases show it IS) revoked with deportation & permanent bar to entry if there is any fraud, perjury, falsification of supporting documentation, etc, at any stage of the visa/immigration process.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

you need to talk to someone in immigration about it

• 3 weeks ago

There's no way to stay "permanently."  He can find a girlfriend, get engaged to be married, and then hope he can get a K-1 fiance visa and when he gets married after 90 days, he can apply for permanent residency.  Even a student visa isn't permanent.

• yerandy3 weeks agoReport

What about political asylum or “Ley de ajuste cubano?” Could he use any of that ?

Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

He can't . legally

• 3 weeks ago

he needs to talk to immigration about how to do that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.