Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 4 weeks ago

How do I delete my question after it gets answer?

I don't like my question I want to get rid of it oh god what do I do?????

• .

You don't. Questions can only be deleted by the OP (original poster) before ANY answers have been posted. After there are answers, the only way to remove it is if enough users report it as a violation to get it dropped. YA designed the site so that users couldn't collect answers and then delete their post (and the answers with it) because that would defeat the purpose of YA being a repository of knowledge and experience (and it p*ssed off the users who typed out long, thoughtful answers, only to have them disappear when an OP got the info they wanted).

• Daniel

You cant once one Person Answers it the Chance to Delete it goes away

You can't. Once your question gets the first answer, you no longer have the option to delete it.

• Zirp

Why would you want to do that? Are you that selfish?

If it's a good question, somewhere in the future, someone else will want to know the answer too. In that case, (s)he is supposed to do a search to find the question you posted, with the answers you got, so the thing won't have to be posted again.

That's the official purpose of this site - and the reason you can't delete questions that have answers posted to them

You can not delete a question once it has been answered according to the Terms of Service. Verizon Media has the rights to your question once it has been answered. Once a question has one answer the delete option is removed. If you want you could go anonymous and hope someone reports it so it is removed.

you cant after someone already answered it

• .

You can only delete your unanswered question(s). Click on Edit button by your question and then delete it using the EDIT option. If your question has an answer the Edit button will no longer appear so you cannot delete it.

Make questions Anonymous if you want to hide your name from the question.

• Gary

Once it gets an answer, it’s too late now.

• Sharon

You can only delete them if they have no answers. Click on 'Edit' beside your question and then delete it. If it has an answer the Edit button no longer appears and you cannot delete it.

You can't...............