Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 3 weeks ago

Any female advise for going to coast guard bootcamp?

What to pack, I don't want to take anything unless I need it because I don't have the funds to buy much. So far I have a pack of 6 white tiddy whities, wallet with i.d social security card and bank card. Do I really need to bring 6 sports bras I have about 4 but only in black, one has strappy x crossed in the back is that okay? It's hard to find cheap white ones any advise? What else to bring or any helpful advise while I'm their during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New year's.

Update:

Are the showers gonna be freezing cold? I am going from November to January.

Can I go to sleep before lights out at 2200 ?

Update 2:

Advice **

Update 3:

Thanks for shedding light into what to expect in terms of the people in the community. I must say it is not a good reflection of the organization, however I know that a few do not account for all. On another note I would like to address that it is OPTIONAL to bring 6 sports bras NOT by any means MANDATORY therefore I asked the question in order to receive personal answers based on your experiences. Overall thank you for the knowledge shared.

P.S: one of the core values is respect, just saying

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Squid
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

The only things actually required are your ID and paperwork.  Everything else is going to be provided, including personal hygiene requirements.

The showers have unlimited hot water. 

You get to sleep at lights out.  There isn't any time for naps.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

My advice is you learn how to follow instructions....now. They said take 6 sports bras, so you take 6 sports bras. You take what's on the list you were given and nothing more.

• 3 weeks ago

bring winter clothes, so you'll have them when you get to A school if you get lucky and go to A school after basic or at your first duty station.

IE: plan ahead for the weather

I went to basic in oct, so was wearing oct stuff ( jeans, a shirt and a light wind breaker jacket), after basic went to tech school in ill and it was 10 degrees outside and snowing. I had no winter clothes.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

i would ask the coast guard about it

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Listen miss. Let me make this PERFECTLY clear to you. You will start this very second following orders to the letter. That means you will follow the list exactly. I'm not trying to be mean. Just making sure that you understand that "almost" doesn't cut it. The USCG Basic(not boot camp)training is different than any other branch. It is smaller so more attention will be focused on you. Beg or borrow the money you need to buy the items recommended. And no, the showers are not cold. You will go to sleep when you're told to go to sleep. Here is the list. Good luck.

• Squid
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

Permitted does not mean required.  She can show up with absolutely nothing but the clothes on her back and she'll be just fine.

• 3 weeks ago

tiddy whities?  there not their.  Is that all the clothes you are bringing?

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Advice, not advise.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.