SO LONG AS YOU TREAT ALL PEOPLE WITH DIGNITY AND REPECT, why should anyone care about your religious beliefs regarding sexuality?

If you oppose fornication, no one gets offended, no one calls you a forniphobe and no one tries to demonize you. If you oppose pornography, no one gets offended, no one calls you a pornophobe and no one tries to demonize you. If you oppose masturbation, no one gets offended, no one calls you a masturbate phobe and no one tries to demonize you.

So why is it that if you oppose homosexuality or transgender-ism, people get all bent out of shape, and call you a homophobe or a trans phobe and try to demonize you? SO LONG AS YOU TREAT ALL PEOPLE WITH DIGNITY AND REPECT, why should anyone care about your religious beliefs regarding sexuality? Why do people get so militant about it? This isn't the 80s. The vast majority of Americans support homosexuallity and transgender-ism. Why do people feel a need to step on those who believe differently?

Favorite Answer

I think some people know it will ruffle your feathers 

Like it’s doing now 

It’s your choice 

Own it 

If someone doesn’t agree 

Don’t let it bother you so much 

You get bothered over peoples’ reaction 

And it kind of makes them think you aren’t fully convinced this is the right choice yourself

So 

If this is your choice then live it, own it and F those who oppose it with apathy

You can’t change others 

You can’t change the world 

What you can change is how you respond to the idiots 

Do you let them get you?

Or does it roll off your back?

You keep letting them upset you - they’ll keep pushing the issue 

We are all made that way. Consider any topic and someone will take offense. Fear of the unknown is also a factor.

Ultimately you have it all figured out. You should treat all people with dignity and respect.

• Logan

The difference between your examples is that fornication and masturbation are acts people perform. Porn is entertainment people watch.

Homosexuality and transgenderism are a part of what makes a person like any other trait they have. It's like discriminating based on people who are consistently happy or have an optimistic disposition. It's a personality trait and people don't like it when you criticise any facet of who they are.

• atomzer0
      4 days agoReport

When what you do becomes who you are, no one can disapprove of anything without being a bigot.

Pornography, fornication, and masturbation aren't people - they are things and behaviors.

Homosexuals and Transgenders are people.

• atomzer0
      4 days agoReport

It is behavior that defines both homosexuals and transgenders. Our behavior may define us, but it is not us. We all have natural predispositions toward certain behaviors, but that doesn't obligate us to indulge them. The "born this way" argument could be used for just about anything.

If you're homophobic you are opposed to people loving each other. If you believe in a loving God, that's not consistent. It isn't the same as being opposed to sexual sins.

Also, "transgender-ism" is not a word, and if you believe people shouldn't lie and that God heals people, in this case of having the wrong body, you have to tolerate trans people. There is not one syllable in Scripture which could be interpreted as transphobic.

• atomzer0
      4 days agoReport

Love and sex are not the same thing. opposing homosexual intercourse is very different from being opposed to loving your neighbor.
      Corinthians 6:9 Effeminate = TransMatthew 5:29-30 If part of who you are is offensive to God, cut it off.

You need to read your own question as it contradicts its self.

If you treat others with dignity and respect,  in other words upon learning that they are not married to their partner or they enjoy porn and a casual jerk off or maybe is gay and to the news you just accept it and move on then you could make your claim,  but I find that hard to believe.    I do because if you did treat others with dignity and respect very few would treat you any other way but the same.

Lets be very clear on this,  me as a gay male will not introduce myself as Joe the queen next door.  But if you hint about my wife or how many children I have I will set the record straight.   Equally if a friendship forms I will set the record straight.

I have lost interest in ALL established religions (I see them as a business) I do have my own faith. 

I would put money on the fact that if we knew each other personally you could not learn that and move on to talk about the cost of milk now days. You would be compelled to question why I do not subscribe to a established religion.  Which would not be practicing what you preach.

• atomzer0
      4 days agoReport

My point is simply that If I believe that your behavior is morally wrong and openly say so, we should be able to agree to disagree without accusing each other of bigotry. In other words we should be able to treat each other with respect even if we disagree. This should be the case for all behaviors.

I am disgusted by pedophiles and don't get called a pedophobe. Basically whatever turns their fancy. People nowadays are looking for ways to get offended. I don't care for the name calling either way. If you don't believe in something for any beliefs it is up to you to either surrender your beliefs in the name of political correctness, or stand by them. 

• atomzer0
      4 days agoReport

There is nothing unfair about equating 2 sexual behaviors. The "born this way" argument supports them both or rather all 3.

• So here's a thought, if you don't like being called a homophobe. Keep your homophobic opinions to yourself.

• atomzer0
      4 days agoReport

Attempting to silence opposing ideas is very progressive of you.