Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 3 weeks ago

Is Mercutio a nice name for a boy?

Its a name from the movie Romeo and Juliet, were considering either Mercutio or Benvolio.

• Mark
    Favorite Answer

If you're Italian, or of Italian descent, it would be fine.  But it is so far out in left field, for most people, it would lead to a lifetime of teasing.  Also, I hope you know that CENTURIES before "Romeo and Juliet" was a film, it was something called a "play", which is sort of like a screenless film that's done live.

You realize Romeo and Juliet was a play long before movies were even a thing, right?

No it would not be a good idea for the poor lad ...hamster , it'd probably be okay .

It's marginally okay.

• Tomalochk
      3 weeks agoReport

Do you think that very many of these people will know what you mean by that ? ... next

I named my son Romeo and now he is six feet under! Not a good idea

• Tomalochk
      3 weeks agoReport

Next time , go with something more common maybe ..... like Bob (?9

Unless you live in Italy, you will need to teach the kid to fight.  It is a sissy name, and definitely not American-wounding.  He will be harassed by the kids.

• Richard
      3 weeks agoReport

I mistyped: I meant American-SOUNDING

• Vicki

I'd take Benvolio over Mercutio if I'm being honest. It's the general pronunciation of the name that makes me go "nope no thanks".

• Linda

I feel sorry for poor baby.

It’s a dumb and silly name.

• Tomalochk
      3 weeks agoReport

Both ?!    ... When she gets homework done and sees this.    .. she won't like it