Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 3 weeks ago

Is Mercutio a nice name for a boy?

Its a name from the movie Romeo and Juliet, were considering either Mercutio or Benvolio.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

If you're Italian, or of Italian descent, it would be fine.  But it is so far out in left field, for most people, it would lead to a lifetime of teasing.  Also, I hope you know that CENTURIES before "Romeo and Juliet" was a film, it was something called a "play", which is sort of like a screenless film that's done live.

• 3 weeks ago

You realize Romeo and Juliet was a play long before movies were even a thing, right?

• 3 weeks ago

No it would not be a good idea for the poor lad ...hamster , it'd probably be okay .

• 3 weeks ago

It's marginally okay.

• Tomalochk
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

Do you think that very many of these people will know what you mean by that ? ... next

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

I named my son Romeo and now he is six feet under! Not a good idea

• Tomalochk
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

Next time , go with something more common maybe ..... like Bob (?9

• 3 weeks ago

Unless you live in Italy, you will need to teach the kid to fight.  It is a sissy name, and definitely not American-wounding.  He will be harassed by the kids.

• Richard
      Lv 7
      3 weeks agoReport

I mistyped: I meant American-SOUNDING

• Vicki
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

I'd take Benvolio over Mercutio if I'm being honest. It's the general pronunciation of the name that makes me go "nope no thanks".

• Linda
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

I feel sorry for poor baby.

• 3 weeks ago

It’s a dumb and silly name.

• Tomalochk
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

Both ?!    ... When she gets homework done and sees this.    .. she won't like it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.