Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 3 weeks ago

Why don’t the emergency services close for Christmas?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

After 3 Years of asking this, you’d know the answer.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

You're in the special needs classes aren't you?

• denise
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Refer to my earlier answer.

• 3 weeks ago

criminals would love to take advantage of that

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Because people still have emergencies in fact more heart attack deaths around Christmas then any other time of year. Same with car crashes, alcohol poisoning, and drug overdoses. Lost a great grandmother in 1986 a week before Christmas. Lost a great-great aunt 3 or 4 days before Christmas in 1990. Her great-nephew crashed a car drunk Christmas Eve and a child in the other car died Christmas morning at the hospital. My cousins have an aunt who died crossing a highway in 2000 several days after Christmas. My grandfather's friend died the morning after Christmas and my other grandparents have a friend who died Christmas Day 1994. Another lady the family knows died of Alzheimers Christmas Day last year. My friend's brother died of cardiac arrest Christmas Eve of 2011. A girl I knew in school's father died suddenly Christmas night in 2015. I later learned he committed suicide. Gerald Ford and Harry Truman both died the day after Christmas and a huge Pan Am Jet blew up over Scotland days before Christmas in 1988 after it was bombed. Another family friend died Christmas Week 1989 (the 28th) and a distant relative of mine died Christmas Day 1994 (very distant relative). Finally, a neighbor of my aunts' got electrocuted and died putting up Christmas lights the week of Christmas in 2006.

So as you see Christmas is an AWFUL time of the year for many reasons, one being deaths. Only good part of Christmas is lots of money for retail even though they always claim it was a bad year in the end and it is a great time of the year for the funeral home business with more funerals then any other time of year.

HO HO HO, TIS THE SEASON

• X
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Because emergencies don't take a holiday. Boo-yeah!

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

cause it needs to stay open all the time in case someone has an emergency

• audrey
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Because people have emergencies on Christmas.

• 3 weeks ago

I worked as an EMT/ambulance driver during college.  Holidays were always busy -- especially with family violence and psychiatric crises.  

• 3 weeks ago

actually they dont want ppl dying so they might get single people to help out

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Not the brightest bulb in the string, are you?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.