Why would a stock that’s going to announce Q1 earnings at the end of a day lose .25/share that day before earnings are announced? In other ?

words, why would people be selling shares of the stock if it’s possible the Q1 earnings results will be GOOD and would make the stock increase in value? Does this imply that there are individuals or I institutional traders out there who have ‘insider’ information that know ahead of time that the Q1 earnings are NOT going to be good and are therefore dumping their shares?  Indulge my stupidity. I’m trying to figure all this out. 

It's very possible that some knew beforehand and sold although most likely i that analysts were predicting a loss or low earnings and the market reacted.

• martin

It certainly is evidence of possible insider trading, which is something that must be routine among old cronies in those exclusive clubs.

Yes there is insider trading..