Would you buy a 1973 vw bug that runs great and has tags for 2000 k it need work back seat and paint?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • martin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Why not? If you love a car, you will put in the money to keep it up. The only reason not to buy something that old is that you might need a more reliable car to get you to work and back without worrying about repairs and maintenance.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Only if it was a SuperBeetle  Vin code starts 113 and it has a curved windshield. and macpherson struts in the front(coil springs)  The handling is much better than the Vin 111 flat screen beetle which is the regular beetle.  It also should have the 1600cc engine.(nothing less)  The engines are swapped out so fast between the model years.  A 1300 is not a 1600dual port.

.  It needs work.  So really how much? Still most I would pay is 500. because it is so old and if it needs paint, the body has rust?  Probably more wrong with it so 5 is generous.

• 2 months ago

That year VW Beetle is a collector car and I would say it's worth the money.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech / 1970 VW Apprentice Factory Trained Mechanic
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i might if i had a driver's license

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

sure..............

• audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nope that car is FIFTY SIX YEARS OLD!.

• 2 months ago

No I would not .......

• Randy2 months agoReport

Thats to much for a old vw 

• Rick
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

nope.   ..............................................too small.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.