Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Is he just interested in trying to be friends?

I met a guy at a school party and we talked for a bit few months ago. Now whenever he sees me at school he always says hi and he tried to talk to me once about school work. He is always well aware if I am around him. He also talked to me last week, and I was surprised that he remembered my name since we last met was few months ago and we only talked for a bit. Yesterday, I was at the library reading and when I looked up I noticed he was looking at me, so he waved and smiled and I waved back. Is he just trying to be my friend?

or is he interested? What do you think? Is he just interested in being friends?

Favorite Answer

No straight guy will ever want to be just friends with a girl. If he is her "friend" it's because the thinks the relationship is something more, or he wants it to be.

Let's not confuse acquaintances with friends. A friend is someone you hang out with one on one, someone you call just to have a conversation with. An acquaintance is someone you hang out with only in a group setting, at school, church, work, etc. You might call them to ask a specific question or coordinate an event, but not just to have a conversation.

Guys have girlfriends, they don't have girl "friends."

This should make it pretty easy to tell if a guy "likes" you.

he might be interested in you

• Elaine

While it is difficult for teens start by being friends and let the relationship develop at its own pace.  Life will teach you that relationships aren't always have to be an all or nothing

• y

Teen young adult guy shows interest in a female. He wants to jump you bones. That said, how much of anything else he wants is a crap shoot and can change on a dime. Both sides, during those years, can have a change of heart based on nothing more, then a breeze.