Canon rebel t7 vs canon rebel t6i?

hi im purchasing a camera as a gift and these 2 canon rebels are my options. If anyone can help me decide which one would work for someone starting and pursuing a photography career, I would super appreciate it!!!!!

• hooray

Of those two it would definitely be the T6i, mainly because the T7 is one of a few recent models that Canon have cynically afflicted with a hot shoe that deliberately limits compatibility with flash equipment from other manufacturers. This is a serious issue for an advanced photographer, or one who hopes to be.

However, choosing the right camera is very personal. Most important of all is which "family" (manufacturer, sensor size, lens mount).

A camera is best chosen by the person who is going to use it.

In such a case as yours, I would give a gift certificate 

from a good, reputable camera shop 

and let the recipient decide what to spend it on.  

• keerok

It won't matter what you get but here's the thing. If you love the person that much, give him the more expensive one. Otherwise, the cheaper one will do. They're basically the same anyway, along with any dSLR out there. There is no dSLR made for the beginner so if you really love that person, you can give him even a more advanced and costlier camera.