Is it unprofessional and tacky for employee to tell entire office what a co-worker told him regarding which female co-workers are pretty?

Let’s say there’s a 25-year-old male co-worker who looks timid/shy, due to his social anxiety disorder.  Although, he’s not a virgin, but just simply has a problem, as many married men with children suffer from this.  In addition, he lives on his own and has a car.  

Unfortunately, one of the employees apparently judges a book by its cover, and therefore starts patronizing this timid-looking co-worker by asking him, “Who in the office do you think is pretty?”  Of course, the co-worker is unaware of the employee’s intentions, and simply answers him, thinking this will be kept in confidence. As a result, the employee goes around spreading the co-worker’s business, “He likes you.”  On top of that, he fabricated what the co-worker said (“She’s pretty”) by telling one of the women (who’s married to one of the guys in the office), “He wants to go out with you.”  So the woman feels like she has to unfortunately break someone’s heart, and says to co-worker “I’m really flattered, but I’m married.”  Of course, the co-worker is totally confused, but then realized the employee was making fun of him by exaggerating everything he told him.  On top of that, he made him look like a desperate idiot who’s trying to pursue someone he knows is married to someone they both work with.  So, because if his awkward, timid body language, the employee treats him like he’s 5, “Aww isn’t that cute what he said?  Let me tell everyone” like he’s a man-child instead of a man that should be taken seriously.

This anxiety ridden idiot should never have discussed this in the first place.  Sorry...are you talking about yourself?

• Linda

It was very tacky of him but from now on, I would be very careful what you tell him and all this immature garbage he started will eventually blow over.

I think u should speak to a therapist