How do I get this plastic to bond?!?

I have this plastic envelope I cut from a thin plastic binder you get at Walmart but I have no idea what to use to fasten the flaps to one another! JB Weld didn’t work and I’m not sure if they make tiny fasteners? Do you have any ideas? The envelope is going to be handled roughly so I need something durable! 

• glcang

Get some clear Gorilla tape

• rmm

Plastic to Plastic

If you are gluing PVC plumbing pipes, we recommend:

PVC Adhesive

If you are gluing something else and your joint needs to be flexible use:

Household Goop

Otherwise, use:

LePage's 5 Minute Epoxy

LePage's Regular Minute Epoxy

Most other epoxies will work for this application also.

There are so many kinds of plastic its hard to give advice here that applies to them all. If possible try a small test in an area that doesn't show.

Some plastics have a smooth surface finish that can be sanded off with a 120 grit sand paper, for better adhering properties.

• Andy

I would suggest contact cement or a general purpose adhesive that says it will bond plastic. You might also roughen the surfaces to be glued to each other with a little bit of sandpaper to give the glue a better chance to bond.

I'd try paper staples, and make sure to press the little sharp tabs well down after the staples are in.