Will.
Will. asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 month ago

Socialism or the right.?

The general election is going to be interesting. We vote for Boris Johnson on the right or Jeremy Corbyn who wants a socialist agenda. What are you for ?.

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

I'm not even British but I'm facing basically the same thing. Here in the US we get to vote between keeping a madman in office or turning ourselves into Venezuela.

• Clive

It hardly makes any difference what I think as my constituency would vote for a donkey if it were wearing a blue rosette.

And unless you happen to live in Islington North or Uxbridge and South Ruislip, you can't vote for either of those two.  You vote for whoever their parties put up.

But Labour always manage to come up with proposals for making the country bankrupt.  As an accountant, this doesn't make sense to me.  Just take their 2017 manifesto - the costings balanced on current account, but that ignored the capital spending proposals which were hidden in a footnote at the bottom, probably in the hope nobody would notice they meant spending billions with no idea where the money would come from.

Plus Jezza is surrounded by a supporting cast including Diane "Abbacus" Abbott, the positively communist McDonnell and Emily "you don't understand anything" Thornberry.

Meanwhile, Boris has begun to look like a positively sensible "one-nation Tory" despite his previous image as a floppy-haired buffoon.  Why else is Jezza scared of him?  That can be the only reason why he kept failing to vote for a general election despite saying for months that we need one under Theresa May.  She is no good at election campaigning, but Boris is.

I leave it to you to work out what I obviously think.

• martin

Most of EU is going socialist, so that's the inevitable future of UK. However, Brexiting from the world's most prosperous economic bloc of countries (EU) is a disastrous mistake for Britain. Jeremy is like a cowboy trying to ride two horses at the same time, and needs to dismount from the one named Brexit.

• Clive
      1 month agoReport

Just because everyone else is doing something doesn't mean we have to.