Reporting a news story?

I contacted my local newspaper, and additionally 5 other news stations around my area, of some local cops doing shady stuff. I first reported it to the local prosecutor in my county and they won't investigate. I then ran a public records request to get the specific documents I needed and they won't release them. So I sought the media's attention and they laughed at me. I have talked to people who have worked with my local police department and there tampering with records and they are a matter of public records. I then talked to the Chief of police on the phone and he began laughing when I told him to release records they accumulated on a criminal case, and they refuse to. I filed an internal complaint, and of course nothing happened.

The media is biased?

It's sad when someone loses faith in the honesty of local processes and finds themselves stonewalled. Local papers aren't going to upset the local police force any more than they're going to upset their local advertisers. At the local level the Police aren't going to rock boats internally either and they certainly won't give you information and evidence on pending court cases. Your best bet will be to contact popular campaigning journalists and bloggers at the state level or better still higher; and even these prefer there to be some kind of celebrity involved. 

Ever heard the term "There is corruption in high places"? Well, it's true. There is corruption wherever there is power. Always remember that and don't expect fair treatment from anyone with power, whatever that power may be. Once a person has power they have no intention of losing it and will call for any help needed, corrupt or fair, to get what they want. These people know other people who know even others who can help powerful people. The poor, honest, simple soul who wishes to see fairness can forget it.