Why do so many British people have crooked teeth?

All I can find online is a bunch of articles defending British teeth and saying American teeth have more decay, but none of this explains why so many Brits have crooked teeth. I don't have perfect teeth but mine are pretty straight and I have never had braces. And many Americans who don't have health care still have straight teeth even if they have tooth decay. It just seems that British people are more inclined to naturally have more crooked teeth. Why?

• KatieC

I don’t know, but if I could go back in time and get rid of the damage done by my three years in braces, I’d choose crooked teeth a million times over.

• The British have excellent teeth. We use them for biting and chewing. The National Health Service keeps them working, but you have to pay for private treatment if you want them straight and white. Americans have cosmetic teeth - that's why they eat hamburgers instead of steak. Bite into something with resistance and it's $1,000 to repair the damage.

• Caroline
      1 month agoReport

LMAO @ "cosmetic teeth" and that Americans eat hamburgers instead of steak, lolllllll. Never been to the Midwest or Texas, evidently.