Can you transition from Nc public housing to VA?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

doubtful, state public housing is specific to the state, federal programs such as section 8 have provisions to port vouchers.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Generally speaking, you can NEVER transfer public housing across state lines.  There might be a process to streamline the transition...but you cannot simply say "I want to move to another state" and your housing vouchers (or whatever) would automatically transfer.  

You would need to apply in the new state.  In some places, even different cities/towns have different wait lists.  

Are we talking about a section 8 subsidy or some other program?  Take NY City as an example here.  There was recently a case of someone being on the NYCHA wait list for 10 years...its usually not that long though.  

• 1 month ago

I don't know those 2 agencies but you can transition from Maryland to DC so its likely there will be some method for this transition too.  Also not really clear how difficult it would be.  Anyhow just call you NC contact and ask, this must come up a lot.

• 1 month ago

You really have to ask them any policy questions.  Slim to nil chance anyone on an international site is going to know that specific agencies policy.

I doubt anything is transferable between 2 different agencies.  You probably have to apply for the VA separately.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.