What is the worst thing you have eaten at home or abroad?

I have family in SE Asia and have eaten many things that I was only made aware of afterwards.

Of course they could be winding me up but I don't think so as I knew they would be on the menu.

I ate monkeys in China, dogs and cats in Korea, and god knows what in Thailand. All tasted good.

Asia is not alone, I have eaten snail and frog legs in France when I did not know what I was ordering.

What is the most horrible thing you have eaten but thought it tasted good before you found out what is was? 

Favorite Answer

Worms off the north Yorkshire moor, it was a survival training exercise. Actually, once you squeeze them out they're not bad. 

I AVOID THINGS I DON'T LIKE SO it was not a problem..

• steve
      4 weeks agoReport

But you have got to eat if abroad and if you can't read the menu how can you avoid anything.

German potato salad. Pickled okra and asparagus are al most as bad.

Peacock tongue in Greece. Apparently it's a delicacy, had no idea what it was until afterward. Tasted great though.

• Rick

I ate at a couple of Mountain Yard camps west of the DMZ in Vietnam during the war, didn't even WANT to know WHAT it was ... ..................

Some Iranian guys a-hole